Be a trail builder for a day and see what it takes to split and shape stone for use in stone features such as staircases and walls. Additionally, you'll get to learn about the season's exciting project(s)!
This workshop will help you learn what it takes to make the trails you love accessible and sustainable.
Please register. Space is limited.
Know Before You Go
- Please wear long pants, sturdy, closed-toe shoes/boots and bring plenty of water, snacks, and a lunch.
- This workshop includes the use of power equipment producing noise and dust that requires additional protective equipment, seen in the photo above.
- Please read over our COVID-19 Protocols and be prepared to follow them on the trail.
- All volunteers must fill out the online OPRHP Volunteer Form and select "Hudson Highlands State Park" before the work trip if they have not yet done so this year.
- For volunteers under age 18, please submit a Guardian Consent form to email@example.com prior to the volunteer day or bring the paper form the day of. A parent or guardian must be present for the volunteer day.
Thank you to our partners at Subaru for sponsoring this workshop!
Beacon, NY 12508
Additional workshop information